Hello? Hi? Oh…. hello! Hiya… it’s me! Remember me?
I have come out of puke cave, and have been re-entering the world (slowly).
It makes me really sad that I haven’t written down or shared all the things that have been going on- it feels so unnatural. Like when I would neglect my diary as a young girl and look at the date of my last entry- I’ll never remember what I didn’t write down- ahhh!
Not to mention that I left you guys with the most sad post ever to see every time you clicked through! So sorry to do that to you!
So here are some happy updates!
- Baby is A-okay! Every prenatal visit I have had has been affirmation that this little thing is such a trooper, and SO strong, and so healthy! Praise God!
- Not many people know this, but I actually bled for another whole week about two weeks after the first incident. I wasn’t alarmed this time, because I felt pretty confident that I had figured out what was causing it. After a random conversation about toothpaste with a friend, I realized that the toothpaste I was using- a Neem Bark toothpaste might have caused me to menstruate while I was pregnant! A quick google search of Neem bark (which is AWESOME for your teeth) showed that it is commonly used as birth control, and as a way to cause abortions! I’m praising God for bringing this to my attention, because after being tested by herbalist, she confirmed this was my problem. I took charcoal for 8 days straight to detox it completely out of my system (during the second bleeding session), and have not had any problems since.
- I am 21 weeks pregnant and have not thrown up in almost TWO weeks! WAHOOOO! This pregnancy has actually been better then my last two- which started at 4 weeks and went until 26 weeks puking every day, and this time I started at 9 weeks and I went until 19 weeks. That is THREE months shorter of puking, so PRAISE God! Although, it is so hard for me to see it as “easier” because with two little ones to watch, and my family not being close by, this pregnancy has been exponentially harder then the other two!
- So, if I stopped puking, why wasn’t I writing? Well, last week, in a freak turn of events… I broke my foot! I’ve never broken anything in my life, and I guess I thought that being hugely pregnant, preparing for a vacation, having two toddlers, and a husband that works a lot- was the the PERFECT time to enter the “I’ve broken a bone” club. I was holding Thatcher and accidently stepped on a pretend vacuum that had wheels and rolled forward causing me to do the splits and while I was trying to save my son, and protect my belly, I landed on the side of my foot pretty hard. I was convinced it was just sprained, but because of the pain- a day later I went and had an x-ray (yuck) and figured out it actually was broken. I got a big boot, and went from finally being useful again (And I was on such a high! oh gosh!) to being completely useless and back in bed again…. wah…wah…wahhhh. However- since these are good news update- here I am a little over a week later and I am totally out of the boot! I had very minimal swelling and bruising and could feel my foot healing super fast. I am convinced this is because of all the natural remedies I took- so I’m going to share those things in a separate post later (ya know, in case you or your kids decide it is a good time to join this club, you will know what to do).
- I had an ultrasound at 18 weeks. It was the best ultrasound I’ve ever had! This very experienced tech came to our home (He’s been doing this for 30 years!), and he hooked up his equipment to our television and I laid on the couch, and my MIL and husband were here, the kids were sleeping and my family skyped in! It was like a big fun ultrasound party! This guy had the biggest personality ever, making us all laugh. He talked through the whole ultrasound describing everything we were looking at, and then telling us how perfect each thing looked. He had all these funny one-liners- like things you know he has probably said hundreds of times- his own little one man ultrasound show! Then came the big reveal, and although the baby was really really hyper, and didn’t want to show us the stuff, we finally got a glimpse! Both Wade and I said at the same time- “IT’S A GIRL!!! “ I said, “I see her lady lumps!!!” Then the tech froze the picture, put a little arrow and spoke in a total voice-over movie voice- “No doubt about it, no second guessing, you are the proud parents of a baby girl!” Then because of my comment he said, “Those are her perfect labia’s right there!” We were dying laughing which made her totally run away. So many times through the whole thing she kept looking right at us, and her little face was so cute.
- I’ve been feeling baby kicks non-stop! I keep telling Wade that she has like hulk strength, because I can’t remember feeling REAL kicks, not just flutters from any other baby this early on. Also? It seems like she never sleeps. I haven’t even bothered “tracking” like I did with the other two when I would only feel them in the morning and at night because I literally feel her ALL.DAY.LONG. I have this really strong intuition and feeling that her personality is tied to this- that she is going to be wild, spunky, fun, silly, and always on the go! We will see if she turns out to be this way. Part of me is scared to have a baby like that- because whoa- that is a lot to handle! But it also makes me really excited, and I just can’t wait to meet her, get to know her, and see how she is different from her brother and sister.
- Both of the kids have been so adorable about the baby. They want to kiss and hug my belly all the time. Thatcher says “bebe” and kisses her with a total smooch and pucker instead of his normal open mouthed kiss, leaving the cutest little sound off my belly. Capri has made up a song for her baby sister that she sings to her all day long, and it goes “I love you baby sister, I always loved you when you were just a baby!” Capri thinks that she is just the coolest kid on the block because she gets a baby brother AND a baby sister… so adorable.
- Lastly, a week ago we decided on her name! This has been the hardest process so far. Before we knew the sex we actually agreed on a boys name (which makes me sort of sad, like a boy we were meant to have that we aren’t now! Anyway…) and we thought we were in the clear because boys names have always seemed so much harder. We had two names that have been on our list forever that we thought would work if it was a girl. Problem was that I felt like they were too common for me. I figured out also what was “too common” for me. I started to notice that the names I felt were too familiar were all in the top 1,000! Ha! So, it made things a little easier, if it was top 1,000 it was too common for me! (To give a good example, Capri and Thatcher are not even on the charts!)
We weren’t going to share, but I’m just such a sharer- I can’t stand keeping secrets, so we decided… we will tell you guys the name! I will tell you though, that we don’t have a very good record of sticking with our first choice. Capri was almost Penelope, and Thatcher was almost Jaxon, so we might change our minds again- just a warning!
This name is a name that I heard a couple of months ago, and fell in love with it instantly. I instantly thought that it was “her” name, and after that I had the hardest time finding other names that measured up. I liked a lot of names actually, but I didn’t feel like any of them were “her”. This is the first time this has ever happened to me, where I had that “this is it!” moment. My intuition is on fire with this wee one, and it’s so strong it is as if she told me herself. Well, sadly- Wade didn’t share my strong feelings, in fact he almost wanted to puke when I first suggest it. He didn’t even want to talk about it because it was SO not an option- he hated it that much!
I was obviously sad, and just HAD to let it go because his reaction was so strong against it. BUT, I intentionally asked again and again every time the name search came up. And every time he shot me down, like “why are you still asking about that dang name?!” He is like King of Veto, and likes VERY few names. If I could describe his name style it is unique but not weird, and for a girl it has to be pretty- but other then that- he has no other name style, and likes VERY few names.
Then last week he walks up to me and rubs my belly and calls her by “her name”. I told him, “Stop that! That is so mean! Don’t joke about that name, knowing how much I love it!” And he assured me he actually wasn’t joking, that he had thought about it, and changed his mind, and now loved the name.
I couldn’t believe it! I was so shocked, and so excited!
On a side note- we have had a running joke for a long time, because this is NOT the first time my husband has done something like this. The joke started when we were young and dating and went to buy him new shoes. We went into the store and he asked me which ones I like, I said “I like these two”, and he said “Ewe, those are the ugliest shoes I’ve ever seen, are you kidding me?” I’m all, “Fine, don’t get them! Sheesh!” Then he looks and looks and can’t find any he likes, and decides that he will just “try” the ones I picked out. He tries them on, starts saying things like “hmmmm”, and then ends up buying them. By the time we get home and he puts them on he can’t stop talking about how much he loves them! This funny little scenario, has happened (no exaggeration) at least 5-7 times (over shoes!) ha ha. So, this is how he rolls I guess! Anyway- back to the name…..
So, what’s the name?
Beatrix Anne Beauchamp
(Be-a-trix Anne Be-chum)
We will nickname her “Bea” for short.
My Dad’s mom, my grandmother, who passed away a few years ago now was named Bernice, but she always went by Bea, and we called her “grandma Bea”. So, it honors her. Anne we have always loved, and it honors pretty much every woman in our family! Both of our mothers middle names are Ann(e), Wade’s Sister is named Anne (although she goes by Penny), and my sister is AriANNE. I have many great aunts that were Anne, and Wade’s grandmother was also Anne. SO- how could we not give her Anne? It is just perfect.
The “trix” at the end of the name is so playful to me, and with the feelings I’ve been having about her personality, I think it will be perfect.
For some other fun facts about the name Beatrix-
- It is Latin and means, “Blessing; She who brings happiness.” (Which is totally perfect, don’t ya think?)
- Remember Beatrix Potter? The famous author of Peter Rabbit!
- It is NOT the name from Harry Potter, her name (the death eater) is Bellatrix Lestrange… just to clear that up!
- BUT, it is the name of the lead character in Kill Bill- Beatrix Kiddo.
- Queen Beatrix has been Queen of the Netherlands since 1980.
AND, one last thing to tell you guys about! My first post as a contributor is up at Modern Alternative Mama! I’m super excited about it. I’m talking about introducing family and friends to your healthy lifestyle choices through documentaries- so check out, and add your favorites!
So, that was a lot of stuff about me, now how about you? Can you share with me what has been up with you while I have been MIA? Tell me something new!